Thursday, February 23, 2012

Jersey Campbell's Quote of the Day: Be like water my friend

Hello boys and girls, we have another edition of Quote of the Day for you. Today's QotD comes to us from Bruce Lee, philospher/professional ass-kicker.

 Before reading up on Lee, I was unaware of his philosophic tendencies. Like most people, my only memories of Lee were in kung-fu movies like Enter the Dragon and The Chinese Connection/Fist of Fury. Come to find out, this was as deep and thoughtful of a brother as you will find in any era. I suggest researching his quotes and philosophies, looking up some of his interviews, and picking up an autobiography. I guarantee you will be more enlightened if you do so.

That's enough of me talking. Here is the quote of the day:

"All thought is partial, it can never be total. Thought is the response of memory, and memory is always partial, because memory is the result of experience; so thought is the reaction of a mind which is conditioned by experience."

No comments:

Post a Comment